American Birthright (scheduled for release in Spring 2013) grows out of our work with UNNATURAL CAUSES: Is Inequality Making Us Sick?.
It's often said a society can be measured by how well it attends to its children. So how is it that children in the U.S. have worse outcomes on most measures of health, education and well-being than other rich nations?
Join the American Birthright Public Engagement Campaign to reframe the debate about what we as a society can - and should - do so every infant in America can grow up in the rich and caring environments children need to thrive.
Use the forthcoming American Birthright documentary and multimedia tools to support your organization's work and spark exploration, discussion and action because a nurturing child ecology is not only the right of every infant, it's the cornerstone for a healthier, stronger and more equitable future for our nation.
Initial Campaign Partners:
- Association of Maternal & Child Health Programs (AMCHP)
- Center for Law and Social Policy (CLASP)
- Center for Social Inclusion
- Center for the Study of Social Policy
- Child Welfare League of America
- Every Child Matters Education Fund
- First 5 California
- Forum for Youth Investment
- Futures without Violence
- Health Policy Institute, Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies
- National Association of Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies (NACCRRA)
- National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO)
- National Healthy Start Association
- Northern Manhattan Perinatal Partnership
- The Praxis Project
- Voices for America's Children
- ZERO TO THREE