Save the Date!
“Make it Happen”
December 9, 2013
George Mason University
Arlington Campus- Founders Hall
This is a FREE event
Join us for a one of a kind discussion on the implementation, funding, sustainment, and evaluation of language services in government services.
Keynote Presentation – “The Language Enterprise”- William P. Rivers, Ph.D., Executive Director Joint National Committee for Languages – National Council for Language and International Studies
- “Linking Cultural Competence and Cultural Self-knowledge” Dr. Robert C. Weigl, PhD.
- "What's New in the National CLAS Standards?" Darci L. Graves MPP, MA, MA, Senior Health Education and Policy Specialist, SRA International, Inc.
- “Enhanced CLAS Standards in Behavioral Health” Roslyn Holliday Moore, SAMHSA, Office of Behavioral Health Equity
- Recruiting, retaining, and developing multicultural/bilingual staff
- Regional Best Practices
- Incorporating language services in Emergency Management & Planning
Registration will open October 2013