We hope you can join us for our September 25 office hours (our last session before enrollment begins on October 1!) from 3 to 4 p.m. EDT. Please find below the call-in information and agenda for the call, as well as several updates. We look forward to your questions – please feel free to send them beforehand to ORHP-ACAQuestions@hrsa.gov . See you Wednesday!
ORHP ACA Office Hours
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
3-4 p.m. EDT
Call-in Number: (800) 857-3749
Adobe Connect Session: https://hrsa.connectsolutions.com/orh1/
1) Loretta Wilson, Community Relation Outreach Manager for the Tombigbee Healthcare Authority (THA), will present on activities the THA is planning to conduct outreach, education, and enrollment for the ACA. The THA is a Navigator in Alabama and a grantee of the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy’s Rural Health Care Delta Program. We will plan to send out slides and more details about the presentation by Wednesday morning.
2) Useful Tools for Outreach, Education, and Enrollment: We will review some of the tools and resources that we have presented over the past several months which consumers can use to better understand their health coverage options once open enrollment begins on October 1.
3) ACA Updates
1) HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius has outlined six things consumers can do before enrollment begins on October 1:
i. Sign up for e-mail and text updates about the Health Insurance Marketplace;
ii. Gather basic information about household income, including your Social Security number and employer and income information (e.g. W-2 forms or pay stubs);
iii. Set a budget for health insurance costs to help decide what coverage option is right for you;
iv. Understand how health coverage works – click here to read answers to some common questions about health insurance;
v. Find local help using the new tool on healthcare.gov; and
vi. Raise awareness about new opportunities for health coverage in your community by using the #getcovered hashtag.
2) HHS and USDA have partnered to invest more than $2.5 million to help rural communities learn more about what coverage options will be available to them beginning October 1. Fifty-two rural health organizations across the country and the University of Georgia will use this funding to provide valuable, on-the-ground assistance in these communities.
3) HHS has published a Rural Fact Sheet on how the ACA will benefit (and already has benefited) rural communities and what you can do to get involved in the 100 days before January 1.
Previous Office Hours Recordings
- 6/13 Topic: ACA 101 https://hrsa.connectsolutions.com/p5r0fh8fbcg/
- 6/27 Topic: ACA Medicaid Expansion 101 https://hrsa.connectsolutions.com/p3yhxuz449f/
- 7/10 Topic: Consumer Assistance https://hrsa.connectsolutions.com/p94lfk0wtzg/
- 7/17 Topic: SHOPs, Tax Credits/Subsidies, and the Unbanked Population https://hrsa.connectsolutions.com/p1jar254orf/
- 7/24 Topic: Minimum Coverage Provision, Exemptions, Subsidies and Dual Eligibles https://hrsa.connectsolutions.com/p1xty7ongb6/
- 7/31 Topic: Consumer Assistance: https://hrsa.connectsolutions.com/p3uybznztjq/
- 8/07 Topic: Border Health https://hrsa.connectsolutions.com/p6ib0we4a33/
- 8/14 Topic: Health IT: https://hrsa.connectsolutions.com/p6czm0enxtn/
- 8/21 Topic: Community Health Needs Assessment: https://hrsa.connectsolutions.com/p1y6po1nyku/
· 8/28 Topic: Navigator and CAC Training Resources: https://hrsa.connectsolutions.com/p4cbmcbhboa/
· 9/11 Topic: Enroll America Strategy and Resources: https://hrsa.connectsolutions.com/p3s48xo562y/
· 9/18 Topic: ORHP Outreach Supplementary Awards: https://hrsa.connectsolutions.com/orh1/